bkgd

Saturday, November 24, 2012

gold shadow, plum cheeks and lips

I am so excited for this weeks challenge. I think most people own a gold eyeshadow and dont use it very often (I, as a makeup artist don't use it often, so i figured most people don't either though I may be wrong). So, this tutorial helps you learn how to use that darn gold shadow. I decided to do a plum cheek and lip because yellow is across the color wheel from purple so they complement each other vey well. Im pretty sure most people dont use their color wheel in a daily basis but I strongly encourage you to. Wether is to help you decide what eyeshadows to pair up or what clothes to wear, the color wheel IS your friend. 

Ok now that im done preaching about the color wheel, lets get back to makeup. Something else that is essential to succeeding in this makeup application is a blending brush. It has a tear drop shape and its nice and fluffy. You just need it. Period. But in case you wanted to know why, I will explain. You need a blending brush to blend your eyeshadow colors together so you don't look like you're going to the circus (and not as a spectator). Im sure you can find a cheaper brush than MAC's $31 #224 blending brush, I just don't know where you could find it. It really is worth the investment. 

Aside from making you want to spend all of your money on MAC products, I think this look is very doable with the products you already have at home. Try it out and if you have any questions or comments, feel free to subscribe to the blog. 



Thank you so much for watching! 

2 comments:

  1. Love this look! I love the different brushes and different palates u use. With your up coming blogs, can u say the brand and color of your products? Just like you did with the MAC coffee liner. Same with the liquid eyeliner and brush? You look soo pretty! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks youre so sweet! the eyeliner is called blacktrack and the brush number is 266 both from mac, and yes, thats a great idea, ill start mentioning the products I use.

    ReplyDelete